Camping groups at Llyn Gwynant Barns
Printable documents: Camping groups in the barns and Barn Terms and Conditions and Kitchen at Llyn Gwynant barns. The Llyn Gwynant barns are beautiful stone buildings with private camping fields and toilet block. They are usually available for camping only midweek or low season as they are popular for weddings, see our Wedding page for more, but occasionally mid season weekend bookings can be made. Camping fees for groups using the barns are £3 more than on the public campsite. If group fees are less than £750 per night then just the Camping and Tall barns with one field are provided, but if fees are more than this then the entire complex is offered. Facilities include:
- The Camping barn with large kitchen and wooden seating see Barn kitchen for details.
- The Tall barn with alpine style sleeping platforms for around 20 but no beds or bedding.
- The Function barn with stage at one end and room for 300 people, 140 seated at tables. There is an indoor toilet block 2 hot showers and 3 cubicles, one disabled, an infant changing table.
- The barn yard has parking for 20 – 30 cars, and an outside toilet block with flush toilets. The campsite has hot (free) showers a couple of hundred yards away.
- The barn fields are for tents or for privacy, with restrictions on vehicles. There are 6 electric hookups suited to small campervans and caravans at top of the field and around the barns.
Terms and Conditions
The barns are more private, and less sensitive to noise than the public campsite. However there are important Terms and Conditions for using them please see full details on our Barn Terms and Conditions page. Some key points are these:
- Fire, child and food safety are important responsibilities of users
- Noise is restricted: no outside sound systems at any time, sound must be reduced if audible from the campsite after 11.00 pm, no DJs or bands after 1.00 am
- Campfires are allowed on our steel firepits, so long as all wood is bought from us
- Dogs are not allowed in the barns and must be on leads at all times
- Protect our furniture and floors, no nails, staples allowed in walls
- Cleaning is required before you leave, with recycling separated, bins are provided
Charges and Booking
Charges for camping groups using the barns are £3 more per person per night than camping on the campsite, see our campsite Rates page for current rates. A minimum daily charge of £250 applies to just the Camping and Tall barns, £750 for the entire complex. A deposit of £305 is needed to book and £300 of this is kept as a bond while you are on site and is refunded within 10 days of your visit if all has been well.
Booking: You can check availability using the online Booking system available from our Barn Booking page, or you can contact us to check availability of the barns for your dates. Please provide us with details of the nature of your group, estimated numbers, and be sure to read our Barn Terms and Conditions to be sure you can accept these rules including limits on noise at night. We can hold a provisional booking for up to 2 weeks, after which a deposit is required to confirm the booking.