Hook-ups, caravans and campervan bays
Printable document: Vans and hookups. Llyn Gwynant campsite has bays, most with electric hook-ups, that can be booked.
- Motorhomes (6 – 8m long) can only be on lakeside bays, not driven anywhere else on the campsite.
- Caravans (single axle only please) must be in Pen Helen for planning reasons.
- Small campervans (< 6m long) or trailer tents may book hedgerow, Back bays 1 or 2 for hook-ups, or Pen Helen Bays 9 – 12 without hook-ups. Small campervans can also book lakeside bays.
- Trailer tents may book hedgerow or Back bays 1 or 2
- Tents (up to 8 x 5m) can only book hook-ups in Front or Back bays.
- All vehicle bays are wide enough for vehicles with awnings.
To book a bay requires a non-refundable fee of £5 with full camping and hook-up fees for the duration of your stay, see the Rates page for details.
Whitsun or August Bank holiday bookings must be for 3 nights stay.
Cancel more than 2 weeks before arrival for refund of your camping fees.
Arrival after 2 pm and departure before 11 am is mandatory for any booked bay.
Book using our Bay booking page.
Access from the main road is sharp traveling south down the hill. You can turn at the lakeside laybys or else at Nantgwynant where there is a loop near the cafe. This allows you to head back up without turning and take the sharp turn left off the A498.
Chemical toilet disposal: goes into the campsite septic tank which means we cannot tolerate formaldehyde based chemical toilet solutions. We supply a cheap eco-friendly solution.