Facilities at reception
Llyn Gwynant campsite is for people who love the outdoors. The site is not overdeveloped so that out of season the land returns to green fields. However we want you to be safe and comfortable and so offer these facilities.
- The campsite reception is where you pay camping fees, seek information, buy shop supplies or firewood, and leave small appliances at your own risk for re-charging.
- A public payphone is on the toilet block side of reception: there is no mobile phone coverage or wifi at the campsite.
- A laundry room has two washers (£4 per wash) and two dryers (£1 for 15 minutes) with a table, sink and power points.
- Washing up areas at each end of the toilet block have stainless sinks and hot water.
- Small chest freezers beside the sinks are for freezer packs only, not for food and drink. Please bag and name your packs which are placed there at your own risk.
- A first aid cabinet is on the wall at the staff side entrance.
- We recharge small appliances like cameras and mobile phones: bring them already plugged to their charger and we will give you a numbered ticket that can be presented for return. This free service is at your own risk.
- Weather information is posted on the reception window every morning.
Camping field facilities
- A large carpark is alongside the reception building.
- The main camping fields can be seen on our campsite map: Stones separate cars from grass on most fields, please park nose in to the stones and pitch on the other side. Bridge field has no vehicles with carparks nearby.
- Hook-up bays on hedgerow and on lakeside hard-standing are bookable, see our vans and hookups page for details of where they are and how to book. Lakeside is the only place for motorhomes (6 – 8m long) and Pen Helen bays the only places for caravans for planning reasons.
- A chemical toilet emptying point is outside the Dynion / Gents end of the toilet block.
- Rubbish and recycling bins are in the campsite carpark. Separating paper, plastic, cans and glass, into the special bins is a condition of camping here.
- All taps on the site have drinking water taken from mountain streams and purified using ultraviolet light treatment. Water quality is checked regularly by the local council. Water can run short in peak season so please use water sparingly.
- Firepoints are located throughout the campsite and have fire extinguishers as well as water taps.
Toilet block facilties
- The stone toilet block is tiled, spacious, light and airy and we keep them clean. They are decorated with hand-painted tiles of wildlife by Bronwyn Williams-Ellis, see our Nature tiles. The Ladies/Merched section has 7 handbasins with hot and cold water on stainless steel benches, soap dispensers, mirrors, Dyson airblade hand drier, power socket for hair dryers and 7 tiled toilet cubicles. The Men/Dynion section has 8 handbasins, 5 toilets, large stainless urinal and 1 shower, a shaving socket above the basins. More showers are outside, see below.
- Unisex hot showers are at the back of the toilet block, one suited for wheelchair users. All showers in the campsite are free, simply keep pushing the button for hot water.
- A level entry toilet with baby changing table is at the back of the toilet block.
- Dishwashing areas are at either end of the block, sheltered by an overhanging roof, stainless steel basins and hot and cold water.
- Portaloos are placed in high season near the carpark for Bridge field.