Launching your own boats
Campers and visitors are welcome to launch boats in the Llyn Gwynant lake, but terms and conditions apply.
- Campers launch at no charge on condition they respect other lake users including swimmers and those on the lake shore.
- Non campers can launch either at the road side laybys on the A498 (this is campsite land) or on the lake shore at the campsite, and different fees apply, see our Rates page. If you launch at the campsite beach then day visit fees also apply but you can then stay 9.00 am – 10 pm and use campsite facilities.
- Large boat trailers should not be taken onto the campsite without prior permission.
- Commercial operations including local outdoor pursuits schools and colleges can obtain season passes for launching in Llyn Gwynant and should use the lakeside laybys. If groups are brought to the campsite beach then please be aware that day visitor fees apply.
- No motorised craft of any kind are permitted on the lake, not even if they have electric outboard motors. Only the Boat hire recovery boat is allowed to use a motor on the lake.